Tuesday, March 28th 2017
Plaza de las Banderas, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Welcoming Reception & El Salvador’s Country Brand Presentation
Welcoming remarks by Vice President of El Salvador, Oscar Ortiz
Gonzalo Brujó, CEO EMEA & LatAm - Interbrand
Wednesday, March 29th 2017
Crowne Plaza Hotel
8:00 a.m. - 8:20 a.m.
- Sigfrido Reyes, President of PROESA
- Carmina Moreno, IDB Representative in El Salvador
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
El Salvador's strategy for attracting investments in strategic sectors
Sigfrido Reyes, President of PROESA
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Impact of Sustainable Multimodal Infrastructure in the Dynamics of Global Value Chains
Juan R. Opertti (MBA), Director Hemistion
9:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m. - 10:30a.m.
Inaugural Address by the President of El Salvador, Salvador Sánchez Cerén
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
High-level Panel Discussion: Productivity and work ethics, differentiating factors of a country
Moderator : Christina Knutsson, Partner/Director GDP Global
- Rodrigo Novoa, Corporate Affairs & Business Development Director AEROMAN
- Charles E. Sykes, President and CEO SYKES
- Ricardo Garcia, Vicepresident - AVX
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
High-level Panel Discussion: "Competitiveness in a globalized world"
Moderator: Jacopo Dettoni, Deputy Editor of fDi Magazine
C-level Panelists :
- David Ha, CEO TexOps
- Enrique Albizu, EVP Business Development Ibero - Latam Region Teleperfomance
- Mark Hillary, CEO Carnaby - Content
- María Alejandra Tulipano Illuega, Partner - Consortium Legal
- Tsung-Jung Tsai, President - Power Master Technology Co., Ltd.
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Thematic Lunch Sessions
Caribe and Norteamérica Conference room
2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
High-level Panel discussion: "Latin America connecting to large-scale economies such as Asia"
Moderator: Jaime Granados, Lead Specialist of the Integration and Trade Sector – Inter American Development Bank
- Zhao Ping, Director & Research Fellow Department of International Trade Research from CCPIT Academy
- Hari Seshasayee, Project Officer Latin America & the Caribbean - Confederation of Indian Industry
- Tatiana Mashkova, General Director - CN CEPLA
- Osamu Iwata, Trade Promotion Director - Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO)
3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
High-level panel discussion: El Salvador - An economy open to trade, strategically located in the heart of America
Moderator: Javier Posas, Country Head and Senior Investment Officer - International Finance Corporation (World Bank Group)
C-level Panelists :
- Manuel Perez, President for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean – AES Corporation
- Peter Ryan, Principal - Ryan Strategic Advisory
- Emmanuel Pujol, Director General NEOEN
- Boris Quintanilla, Country Manager Grupo Calvo
- Alfredo Barreda, Vice President - Oben Holding Group
4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Breakout sessions about Strategic Sectors of El Salvador
- Session 1: Energy and Natural Gas Hub for Central America (Norteamerica A Conference room)
- Session 2: The ideal destination for tourism and business (Mesoamerica Conference room)
- Session 3: A successful export platform for Textile & Apparel (Izalco Conference room)
- Session 4: A country of opportunities in Light Manufacturing (Chinchontepec Conference room)
- Session 5: The leading edge of Offshore Business Services (Tamarindo Conference room)
- Session 6: Expanding agribusiness in the Americas (Boquerón Conference room)
- Session 7: A rising option in Aeronautics (Chaparrastique Conference room)
- Session 8: Public Private Partnerships: Opportunities for the provision of infrastructure and public services in El Salvador (Norteamerica B Conference room)
7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Official Reception - Museo de Arte, MARTE
With the Vice President of El Salvador closing remarks
Thursday, March 30th 2017
International attendees only
Cultural Tour Options / All routes departing from Barceló Hotel
- City tour Blessed Oscar Romero (departure 9:00 a.m.)
- Las Flores Route (departure 8:00 a.m.)
- Handcrafted Route (departure 8:00 a.m.)
- Archaeological Route (departure 8:00 a.m.)
- Beach Route & City (departure 9:00 a.m.)
Closing Reception - Crowne Plaza Hotel
Tamarindo Conference room